Tuesday, November 11, 2014

guess I'm Lucky!

If I think doing Maldives solo was my adventure of the year! This is where I was wrong!

I arrived in Singapore and well, I need to figure out my way to the capsule hotel I've booked with my luggage and hand carry and all this stuff! Why did I do this to myself, eh?


It's easier to take a cab! But no...the stubborn me insisted to figure this out with the public transportation. I get to find the metro after hmm... a while of walking around the airport. How difficult is that? Now, I feel stupid since it took me a while to find it when it was in plain sight. Guess, this proves my "direction" and "maps" problem. And one not to lose hope... I was able to find my bus stop!!


 I waited for a while and worried a bit since it's getting late. When the designated bus arrived, being myself, I can't even carry my own luggage! Lesson learned - try not to over pack and make sure I can carry my own things by myself or else just don't bring more things I'll end up not using anyway. Anyway, Mr. Driver is nice enough to help me, it was a bit embarrassing with all the passengers looking at me and the delay it caused. I tried to ask directions and what's more nicer is Mr. Driver dropping me in the right stop and again, helping me with my bags!! And then I thought that was it. I can do the walking myself, only to be faced with this....


Okay.. I can see the hotel's name on the other side of the street!!! Now what?? This is hell of a steps with my bags. While trying to look around another way to do this a young couple walking down the steps saw me and perhaps the nice guy noticed my predicament. And my goodness, when he offered me his help, I can't thank him enough.

I walked my way across the footbridge and then now.. how do I go down? Lol same stairs on the other side and same problem for me! A while back a couple of middle aged men was walking with me across the overpass. And while I stayed atop the steps thinking of what to do next, They noticed me when they looked back to check if I am going down as well. Then, if it wasn't my lucky day today I don't know what is today! The other man went back and asked me if I needed his help since he saw me with the other guy who helped me up the steps. And again, all grateful to the nice people of Singapore. That's how I survived my first few hours in the city.


And it's as if it wasn't enough.. I entered the wrong door! I entered the spa beside it thinking "this is it! Finally!" only to find out as soon as I entered that it was the door beside it. HAHA I'm starting to lose it and would love a good laugh at this! But I needed to settle first and find food. And just my luck, a group of teens passed me by and taught me how to ping the reception to buzz me in and now, an elderly woman helped by holding out the door for me. Now, I am starting to fall in love with the people of Singapore!


Checked in and settled, I tried to find dinner and found this pasta place.


And more good luck, I met some people and took me a walk a round the city and treated me to a few drinks. Tonight, I scored some free beers, a 10 year old wine and funny new acquaintances. The new friend walked me back to the pod hotel..

Had a cup of coffee while talking away with this person in the hotel lobby - another new acquaintance - shower and then bed..

Just the way to cap the night...

Me and my faulty-sense-of-direction,

♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment