Sunday, November 9, 2014

20-minute walk in Villingili Island

I turned in late last night but still woke up pretty early today. Mulling in bed while checking Facebook and chatting up with friends and family back home I thought of walking around the island. So after a while of my  tamad-moments - since it's only almost 6 o'clock in the morning and still pretty cloudy, not expecting a bright sunny weather today - I decided to take my morning walk and check out the beach or wherever is the shore..

I started my walk in the empty streets of Villingili. From time to time, I see people going out and some walking towards the opposite directions or across mine always with a shy smile on their faces and when you get close enough to hear them they also utter a quiet "Hello" or "Good morning". It feels nice that the people are welcoming.


I tried to capture what I amuses me with some selfies that I am too shy to share, so I'm not posting it here either!






I get to round up the whole island in 20 minutes but definitely, I did not explore every alley way just because I'm trying to keep track on my turns to and from the hotel for when I am to return to it.


And I'm not really sure if this was the beach area. Not as stunning as the one in Vilamendhoo but hey, I'm just starting my day and will be planning for what to do until tomorrow.


A quick walk and I was back in the hotel. More time to wait for breakfast and ask the available activities offered around here. Initially, I planned to push through with the wind surfing lessons but we'll have to see since when I inquire, looks like there's no lessons offered for the day. Guess, I need to find something else to do after my breakkie.


No comments:

Post a Comment