Friday, November 7, 2014

bumming in Maldives

It's very cloudy today and I have nothing else to do but to lounge along the shore and wishfully enjoy the sun since I haven't gotten enough of it from the past few days.


While deciding what to do today.. hmm.. I walked around some more to find a perfect spot to read my book. Yes! the book I pretended to be my companion in this trip which eventually I've given up after more than five minutes of just staring at the same page and reading the same lines a few times over just because I am pretty much preoccupied with with the stunning view, the feel of the warm sun underneath the clouds, the salty smell carried by the wind, the sand in between my toes, the sound of the waves and just about everything around me at the time. Regardless of which nth day it is, I am still mesmerized by the experience.



After a while, I've decided to kayak around the island since I can't push through with my initial plan of learning how to wind surf. Staff in the resort's water sports center are really accommodating and has offered to guide me through it which I welcomed enthusiastically. And good thing I did, cause less than halfway through it, I am done paddling myself so he did all of it instead. Really nice people! Thanks to him I get to circle the island resort. Lol 


And then, I sneaked a peak at the water villas. Initially, I've been tempted to book one of these gorgeous rooms but then decided at the last minute to save it for the next time I get to see Maldives! Yes! I am planning a return a few year from now.

The staff let me in on one of the rooms to check it out which I basically drooled over. *sigh*


and more bumming..... 


until it's time to return to my room and prepare for the sunset cruise...



The sunset cruise without the sun, yet the dolphins graced us with their presences. So instead of basking in last rays of the sunset on my last day here in the resort, I was amused watching the dolphins playfully swimming along the sides of our tour boat. Pretty amazing! 





So we gave up looking for the sun and settled on watching the dolphins until dusk just in time for dinner and later's Cultural night...




No comments:

Post a Comment