Saturday, March 9, 2013

Memorable day ~ Thailand

> Temples and Grand palace at daylight
> Chatuchak in the afternoon
> Grand showdown at night time!

note to self: some things are meant to be kept where it's at! Thanks Nim!! ^_^



After tiring ourselves from roaming around the temple, we tried to find the Grand Palace on our own. The mini adventure was fun, Ate Heidz is our walking-GPS as Ralei and I are the worst people to ask for directions or to know directions! yeah yeah we're bad at it and it sucks. 

A middle-aged mister helped us find our way, he is pretty good in English which is great by us! and here is where I learn another phrase aside from Hello (Sawa dee Krab / ka) and thank you (Kob khun krab / ka). We learned sway mak, in translation "beautiful"? or is it you're beautiful? I am not quite sure though but it translates something like that! =D


The Grand Palace is so majestic! Every turn I can see a glint of gold! The weather was turning warmer and the crowd is not helping. It was really exhausting. And I sorta not liking it anymore. I love the view but please.. I really don't like huge crowds. :-(







You see, it is so crowded that we cannot get decent pictures with just us and the place. 




And we can't help to take more photos on our way out. The wall paintings depict the story about Buddha. Er, I wish I took a photo of the long walls along the hall on the way to the exit. Maybe I'll just need to come back!

The next stop is in Chatuchak for lunch and a little bit of shopping. ^_^


Our lunch was yummy and ALL SPICY! Hot food + hot weather.... we're burning HOT!


What can I say?? It's huge!! The market I mean. Warm weather, lots of people and a market place this big.. hmm.. not my favorite place. Plus, I am not really into shopping. *sigh* sometimes I do really wonder if indeed I am a girl! =P

But yes, we did some looking and made little purchases. I bought another pair of shoes because this walking is killing me. Another pair!! Whyyy! I need a comfy shoes and there seems to be nothing I am comfortable with at the time. Yeah yeah.. I don't enjoy a lot of walking especially with crowds and in a really really really really warm weather. And still I tagged along, see? I really love my friends! 

After a while we got bags, they got skirts and tops. (No clothes for me.) And then we got tired, I mean them. 'Cause I am already tired! And then not after 3pm we spotted the train station and head our way back to the comforts of our hotel. Whew! so tired! We went back and yet they still want to do some little more shopping. Oh nooo! I'm going to die! and I'm like already wearing my heeled shoes around the room to appease my toes from hurting. Weird, eh? so I skip their walking trip and stayed back in our room. And while they do another shopping trip, I went bathing and napping! Yay for the win!  

And then the night arrived. We prepped and all ready to do some messing around! This is the shush part. We had a "Hangover" inspired night! Go figure! =P 

last snap before going out for the night

All in all, it was a tiring day and an awesome night! 

With lalalalalooove ~ Cheers! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment