Friday, March 8, 2013

Markets, Shops and Sights ~ Thailand Day tour

I love mornings with coffee.. and buffet!

Today is another "tourist-y" day. We are bound for a half day tour.
Anyway, Off is early. He is our tour guide for today. Today's agenda includes seeing the elephants, checking out the floating market, old village and wood carving crafts & shops. And before I forgot, this also includes the snake show which I preferred to skip!

Off is really funny! He knows a few Filipino words, as limited as what we know of the Thai language! very much acquainted with the word "Bakra" later we realized it's "Bakla".  He answered quite a number of questions from us about ladyboys and other things relating to Thailand.



No matter how adorable they look like.. it still doesn't feel right.. I don't know. I don't think the elephants should be chained like that. But I was able to touch the little one, Bong-klong, and have a photo with him. I do feel he was skittish which is really not right. 

Next stop is the floating market. 




Take your pick.. from dry goods, souvenirs, clothes to food, seasonings, fruits and more...








Really amazing.. the place was buzzing with a lot of tourists! People are friendly and most of the Ahjumma's don't speak English but they are all smiles just the same. 


And it wouldn't be the same without trying the milk tea. (excuse me, but I don't really like milk tea) Ralei purchased one to have a try at it while we wait for Off and the rest of the group. Well, it wasn't so bad but still not a fan. 


This is my favorite part... traversing the old Thai village.. I find it quite and feels nostalgic. I don't know. But I'd like to rent a room there when I get the chance to come back to Thailand as a traveler and less than a tourist. 


The village is part of the residential area on the other side of the floating market. The water around gives me a creeps of what creatures may be lurking down below but I still like the feel of the area. It's quiet and relaxing, except that we're there and it's quiet no more! hah!



Oh and did I mention we skipped on the Snake Show right beside this old village? lol. 

Our last stop included in the tour was the carving shop. Impeccable workmanship indeed!! 




And because I am starting to feel hungry.. Rotee baby!! ♥


This ends our half day tour.... with the other half of the day, we are on our own.. ^_^


** for more information on available Tours in Thailand you may reach out to Nim Nittaya. Really nice woman!**

No comments:

Post a Comment