Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Feet-aching Magnificence

We started out here... acquiring a one day pass. ^_^ How to get one >>> First you fall in line then pay the lady by the counter and then expect your photo to be taken! Lol

I wasn't aware that a photo was being taken at the time, glad the morning sunlight was nice and we look decent in the pictures!


Our first stop is Angkor Wat or so I think.. After that, I didn't even know which is next to which. I was lost over the sights, overwhelmed pretty much by the scene and the pooling crowd of tourists! It looked so great I would have loved to imagine how it looked like way way way back! It must have looked really majestic with all the precious stones stuck in the walls and pillars glimmering under the rays of the sun. *dreamy* I wish time travelling is possible!





And here is the magnificent entrance! The start of a day long hike! It was huge! Well, I'm not good with measurements so I can't guess how wide the path was but it can accommodate a huge crowd. And the waters on the sides of it is really enticing because of the scorching sun, we would have jumped if it was plausible, hence, forget about it. A clear sky such as this should have been lovely under a different circumstances, say by the beach with ice cold beer, instead of walking an endless path! Lol *it was really HOT* so do not forget to pack a sunblock, or a cap, or a hat or anything to protect you from the UV rays. Too much sun is soooo not healthy.


It's the work of art you were stuck with when you came in and explore Angkor Wat. You might want a tour guide but then exploring it by yourself would be more fun. I just wish I read more something about it than merely it's name and what's it popular for. Now I swear to come back with me knowing and not just looking! ^_^


Of course with the beautiful site, we need a photo ops! we shouldn't waste a good view! Thanks to Ralei's wonder tripod! =D Not everything was perfectly taken, but hey! It wouldn't be fun to look back without the funny almost candid shots we have!

just look at the space

It was so huge! My eyes can't take everything in. *figuratively speaking of course* The Architecture and the design was awesomely made to have it still there intact even after centuries, the preserving part must have been a lot of work. Really impressive! Oh the beauty of complexities! I may not love being lost but I like the challenge of finding, though I am not a fan of too much walking. We haven't rounded the whole place and I'm already tired, sweaty and smelly. *feeling yucky* 




We weren't able to see every nook of it. I do believe a day can't cover the whole of it and we need to move on so we can visit the other sites.


We left with the promise of coming back. ^_^ Maybe after a few years but not anytime soon I guess.


It is starting to feel really warm and the place doesn't give any comfort because of the crowd and the cloudless sky. The structures were picture perfect and I really can't stop wondering what it looked like in ancient times when everything is everything but ruins.

old with age but still sacred

I'm not sure for what the red strings were but I thinks it's something like a charm. We saw a couple of tourists wearing the same only theirs were braided into bracelets. While tying it in our wrists, the monk is chanting "Good health and Long life". 


Awesomely skilled with arts, only it's a bit pricey. We watched for a while and chat for a bit too. It's really cool when he knows where the tourists came from greeting the passers by and adding small talks. 

"Street-art-like"



I was curious so I tried to search about these carvings. I learned that theey are ancient carvings of apsara dancing woman. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apsara )




The infamous tree from the movie "Tomb Raider". Out of all the gigantic trees around I just wonder how would one can distinguish it without the markings! Lol.


preserving, securing and fixing


Lunch time came.. Finally! we're not so much as hungry, we just need the break from walking and a shade from the scorching sun. Love the food so far. Nothing weird for our buds yet except the Limon Tea of Ate Heidz's this morning. The food were really good. Mine tasted almost like the local beefsteak back at home. It was less salty and a little bit on the creamy side though, but it sits well in my palate. Generous servings of potato fries! Together with rice on the side too, the meal was heavy enough to keep you walking the rest of the afternoon with full tummy! :) What's a bit different for me was their sauce on the side, which I assume is a Khmer condiment. It goes well with the food but when tasted alone.. well, I'm not a fan of so many sauce and condiments. =D



Back on track after lunch. More stops! I think 5 more.


Caught late. Ate Heidi doing the runway walk! haha
More of the scenes...


I think this one was near the Elephant Terrace... *I'm lost*


On our way to the Elephant Terrace we once again meet a fellow tourist who teases us with "mga layas/gala na beauties" (wandering beauties). I think she's on her late fifties and traveling alone. She humor us with her experiences on one stop and she gave us tips when traveling when we met once again. I think she thought we're still minors on a trip, we always get that impression when we are on vacation. just weird! Lol. She also fed us a little bit of trivia about the structures, saying the little holes along the walls and pillars used to have diamonds in it in ancient times. I can't just imagine how breath taking and majestic this palaces and temples were back in time. Yet I can also imagine how hard it was to roam around such a huge place with less than a shoes or slippers on. Ouch!







Our last stop! Finally.... I am enjoying yet I am already worn out. My feet were aching madly and sore from walking whole day. =( Then every time we're stopping on another site I am begging to sit it out instead and wait. But I can't help it because of my insisting friends. What can I do?? We were sun burnt and dead tired from all the walks and pictures. I enjoyed taking pictures of the structures, I just wish I can relay how I saw it in my photos but still I find the photos lacking. The beauty of it lies on how you see it, and I only have my side on it. It's still best to check it out with your own eyes and see it for yourself. Like any of the others it's a mix of science, religion, arts and beliefs. 

******More of US! *photo ops*****







No comments:

Post a Comment