Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ayutthaya Galore

This was our last stop before going home. Having less than a wink of sleep from last night's antics we're still excited with the tour today. We got home earlier last night than expected but then we still had this little excursion for midnight snack and more stories. hmm.. we can't seem to move on! Plus, we need to do some packing already for our flight going home. =(

Anyway, we were up as early as around 4am? It's a compromise you know. Everyday, who wakes up first showers first.. FIFO rule! jk! Call time is at 7 am I think and we were bound to be picked up before 7 am, so we really need to push our bums up and move. Ugh! I need my coffee. XD

Who is Hydy again?? =P
I think it was a two hour drive from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, I don't really remember because I'm trying to get comfy to sleep.

First stop was the Grand Summer Palace. And WOW! The opulence of the summer palace is magnanimous with such a lovely garden and backyard! There's really so much to see. 



Oh! and Shorts, short skirts and short dresses were not allowed inside they'll have you covered up with the uniform sarong-like piece of cloth. And I want to take it home but no because I left 2 thousand baht deposit for it. 

Donna our tour guide was awesome. She talks a lot, share a lot of information and takes each of our picture!.She's a real sweet heart and a mom-like to us during the whole tour.


And then halfway through the summer palace, we started stalking over Ralei and Ate Heidz's new fancy. Guess who! =P


Elephant shaped shrubs! sooo cute
hand-painted floor tiles
ever pretty Lotus flower ♥
Something to eat in between.. these sweet things freshly cooked outside the summer palace is a win for someone with sweet tooth like me. I wish I can remember what it's called. It looks like a crispy small pancakes! I found it through the web, it says it is called Khanom Foi Thong. =D I do believe Donna mentioned it is a traditional food in Ayutthaya.


photo grabbed from Ralei :)
It took us a while to see the place. And again, it's starting to get warmer. Our next stops were a couple of temples and ruins. Photo-worthy spots!




And there.. Caution: Read signs before doing anything / taking pictures with Buddha. It pays to respect other cultures. 



Thank you Donna for this shot!
And the usual shameless enough to ask their "fancy" to take our photo. Fun!



And I love these greens....





Then, more temples.. 


The 7 days Buddha



And on the way out to the parking space, we saw baby and puppies! I'm sucker for cuteness, guilty as charged! I can't help but take their photos.


Really really cute! I want to take them home! *in my dreams* Yes, I know I can't..


Next before lunch / cruise back to Bangkok was the infamous Reclining Buddha.



It is that big. They change the clothing every season I believe, and now's summer. I am really impressed at how they preserve history and culture. 

And then I chanced at some candid snaps.. 


The girls are setting up for some "photo ops" with the reclining Buddha while I am sitting afar under the shade of a tree cooling off under the warming sun. =P


I was sitting beside this two boys. They're cute I just don't understand what they're talking about but they seem getting along and into what they were speaking of. I presume they're friends? 

Of course we checked out some souvenir shops around the corner, got some key chain and little things for friends and family. 

This ends half of our day tour. whooops! I'm hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment