Thursday, March 7, 2013

crossing borders (Siem Reap to Bangkok)

There are few ways to cross-border from Cambodia to Thailand and we chose the most practical way, or I hope it is so. We opted to book for a scheduled bus or van (?) to cross border. Reserving tickets and payments, usually, are readily available in the hotel reception should you prefer to reserve one. It costs less than US$30, hmm.. maybe US$28 to be exact. Pick up is at 8 in the morning, hence, the early breakfast. Do double check for the pick up time though because it might be earlier that 8 am.



Last peek at Bou Savy while waiting for the pick up. We really liked the stay back then and would really go back for sure! And next time it wouldn't be a hurried trip. :-) 


Mr. Ny also gave us this souvenir. Really nice.


Our last picture here before leaving. Looking forward to Bangkok! And we thought the long drive will only be half of the day or til afternoon.

It took as a while to reach the so-called bus station. I think this is where all of the passengers meet to be numbered. LOL



I mean they put this stick on in each of us. It is color coded and with numbers in it. I remember that much because I had another funny and quite a bit embarrassing incident again. Haha Well, it just so happen the guy didn't know where to stick the sticker on me? My friends and some other men is looking waiting where he'll put it and I'm like a bit trying to reach for it because it's becoming really awkward! Ugh! Then finally, he stuck it on my top careful not to touch my bust!!! So embarrassing! Knowing he can stick it on my arm instead... er.. really awkward for him and my friends can't help but laugh! well, it's a bit entertaining I guess.

We drove straight to the border to Thailand. What can I say... for one it's hot and the line for exit in Cambodia is stationed outside. I think it's already the office. Then entering Thailand, their immigration office was way too different from Cambodia's. They are indeed well off than the latter.

And did I mention Ralei was fancying one of the co-passengers we are with. He looks interestingly good looking I must admit. We are guessing he's Brazilian with all the sexiness and pretty tan!


That is one of the 'stalking' picture we took during one of the stopovers. I would have done something differently but my friends stopped me. As the saying goes, no harm in trying but don't push your luck. They didn't think it's a good idea to make friends but I think otherwise but they won over me cause I was outnumbered.

Anyway, we arrived in Bangkok later than we have expected. The drop off place was in Khao san. (I wish I spelled it right) We stayed a bit with this Japanese girl (Ralei's seatmate the whole trip). She was cute and all and her friends were in the other van which is running later than our van. Heavy traffic it is! One of the things Bangkok was known for. It was only for a few minutes that the cute Japanese girl sent us in our way so as not to hassle our trip she also reassured us that she'll just go on and look for their booked hotel and just meet her friends there instead. So off we go on our separate ways. We took a cab and went straight to My Hotel. Tired, starved but still happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment