Saturday, February 18, 2012

In search of BUSAN TOWER

Ok. Last night was another struggle on packing! Good thing I have Kuya Abs! He lend me a smaller suitcase since I can’t fit my things on my hand carry. Saved once again! Woot! ^^, I woke up early again today, excited? Yes we need to catch the early bus to Busan and there’s no time to waste. Also we are to meet Karen-unni and Heidi-unni in the Bus Express Terminal at around 8:30am.

The same thing happened to us! We were waiting in the other terminal to Busan and Karen –unni and Ate Heidz were waiting in the other terminal. We can’t contact each other, our text messages ain’t coming through same with our calls. Weird, eh? Anyway, we met a bit later than the agreed time. We bought tickets and went running outside just in time for the bus to leave! Whew! This starts the almost 5hrs long drive!

Everybody feels tired, Jo-unni and I from yesterday’s trip and them from today’s flight from Manila. We did a little tattle-telling but after a while we gave in to sleep. We slept halfway, did stopover then arrive in Busan!!! Yay! Arriving there you can feel the freezing breeze and the saltiness in the air. It’s different from Seoul. Going to the subway, it was really a busy place similar to Seoul. We had a bit of a hard time figuring out how to buy the train tickets, whenever we choose the English instructed ones it doesn’t seem to work, so we gave up and used the one in their local language. Boarding the train I was seated beside Ate Heidz, then Jo-unni and Karen-unni. 

Nothing’s unusual happened not until this ajeossi get in. He was standing in front of me while we were busy chitchatting with today’s happening before we met. I didn’t know he was talking with me at that moment cause I’m a F-O-R-E-I-G-N-E-R?? In case he didn’t notice I speak with a different language? I didn’t mean to be rude but I didn’t understand him. I was like ‘oh no! Ate Heidz??’ and tried to avoid his eyes. I don’t know what to say and he seemed a bit drunk. Then I heard him speak with the girl beside me, oh and he asked her to stand so he can sit? Then he explained that his knee were aching and couldn’t stand any longer… now it made me feel bad! That part I understood but when he was talking to me? I was blank! I think I panicked! Cause hey! I’m not a local. That time was really awkward! I kept looking at Ate Heidz so as not to meet ajeossi’s eyes. I felt terrible. Then after a while he is then talking to me. Again! And showed me pictures of this lady, I think it is his lover. Hmm. Quite pretty. But I also think we didn’t understand each other! Thank goodness he alighted to the next station! Really awkward! As for us there were few stations more before we arrive to our destination. Quite a long ride I thought! 

Arriving in the motel, I didn’t book it I just came along with them. (perks of having many Unni) Unni-deul made all the arrangements, and we dongsaeng-deul just went with it. The place wasn’t bad, plus the internet and wifi was really good! And oppa was really accommodating! We asked how to get around Busan, and he gave us a map although it was only in Korean and Japanese, no English map. Thank goodness we are able to read it! I also bragged my speaking and reading skills! Toink! We stayed in for a while to settle then off we go to find something nice to eat for lunch! 

lots of seaweeds and seafood!!!



We walked around; the motel was located at the heart of the market place. It was nice and accessible to the mall, subway, and walking distance to Busan tower. We found this small restaurant, it seemed old and traditional. We came in and ajhumma was nice. There were only us and another two customers at that time, maybe because it was past lunch already. As usual, generous servings of side dishes! Nice! I just hope I was fond of vegetables.




First stop after lunch was at the tourist information center. 
Fix our schedule and plan for our three days stay starting today! Then our first destination! Busan tower!! 

Walking around, we can see it. It seemed really near from where we are, it just that we can’t figure out how to get there!! Omo! Omo! Are we lost? It’s almost late in the afternoon and we wish to see it before dusk! 

We found it! It was quite a bit of a hike. The winter cold made it easier I can say. No sweat!  

We arrived there just in time for the sunset! 



Busan Tower ^_^


Since valetine’s was just last week, hearts’ day decorations were still up and we saw few more lovers dating! Some were group of teenagers; others were dating lovers, and a handful of family doing sightseeing with their kids. 


Walking around a couple had asked me to take their pictures.. Here they go again, asked me to take their pictures in their language. Do I really blend in? I’m starting to get convinced! Anyhow, I did take their photo. And oh! Clumsiness! My cam! It fell. Then their i-phone, just ALMOST! whew! We had our photos taken too!! In this bench with the huge heart and lights on it! A group of young ladies took our photos. Unni-deul did the talking, it looked like they really like to talk to foreigners to practice their English. They were nice. We did some more walking around, few more photos, wajangssil, I bought my potato chips. Then we decided to walk our way back since it’s getting darker and we were starting to think about dinner! 




No comments:

Post a Comment