Wednesday, February 15, 2012

few more peeks in Jeonju

Early in the morning, first thing I did was take a look outside our window, scan the TV channels and charge my mobile phone to check Facebook! lol. And then I stumble upon Pororo's show! yay! so adorable! can't help but watch it. I had an early dose of Pororo marathon on TV! I was smitten and wanted to buy a stuffed toy so badly! After a while I already got up and took a shower while unni is still asleep.. It was too early to wake her up yet so I tried my best not to make a lot of noise.



Here goes my dilemma again.. How do I repack my things back to how it was before??? I've been fixing it since the time we arrived from our mini excursion around the area and still I can't figure out how in the world my things won't fit back in my suitcase???! And then we're just laughing about it and making jokes out of it! toinks!

Today's agenda was to look for the Hanok Village parking lot where we were to catch our free shuttle bus back to Seoul. After my fuss on my "cannot-pack-back-things" and after unni did her thing we went out to grab breakfast and look for the said Hanok Village. hmm.. it was quite a walk, thank goodness it was cold that I'd loved it more than hate it. :)

Paris Baguette everywhere
PORORO


Frozen Fountain
When we finally found it, we headed back to our hotel to laze around some more til our check out time.. *sigh* Life! oh Life! And then just in time for lunch we headed towards Anne house..



It's a cutie coffee shop, Victorian inspired I think with the privilege of privacy! We sat in one of the booth beside the glass window overseeing our hotel and other restaurants around it.



Finally succeeded in leaving a mark!!! lol.


the tissue have hearts!♥


love the coffee..

And this is where another funny story happened. We ordered for a cup of coffee and another waiter came in and ask for our choice of cake. So we chose one for each of us. Then we got confused if it was complementary to our meal or an add-on. Mr. Cutie waiter asked "Ah. can you speak english?" and we were like stunned, unni and I looking at each other like, "woah... isn't his tone a bit too proud??" lol. we responded yes, and I answered him in English. And I added "Can we have another glass of water?" Here comes the moment!!! He looked so puzzled with my request and then asked "Another glass of water?" with an action implying if I am asking for another glass literally a glass for water! whereas what I am really asking is a refill of our water. I'm bad.. but it's funny! It was soooo difficult to hold our laughs! i'm sorry.. We stayed there for a couple of hours until 3 pm when it is time to go.. 


At the hotel lobby to pick up our luggage and wait for the cab to arrive.



Free shuttle back to Seoul. Our stop in Seoul is in Gwanghwamun.


The plan was to meet Kuya Abs in Myeongdong then head to his place. Wow! It is then when I realized how difficult it was to take the subway with our luggage!!! Goodness! It was so heavy!! Joanne-unni has her own things and I had mine. She really wanted to help me so she walked ahead and try to help me back leaving her things a couple of knots away. But to my surprise, Korean ladies were really nice. A few of them had offered help. Yay!! They saved me! good thing I knew the language a bit because they offer me their help in Korean! Ok, now it makes me wonder, do they know I'm a foreigner and not a local? Because Joanne-unni didn't receive the same treatment? or do I look so bad as in super helpless?? The first two ladies who helped me were both young but the last one in the escalator was an older ajhumma. I was shocked of her strength! She really can carry. We are still far of from the ground down in the platform yet she is already lifting my suitcase and I was saying "Gwaenchanayo. Gwaenchanayo." (It's Ok. It's ok.) She was really nice and I am really thankful. At that time Joanne-unni is already waiting for me in the platform. When we arrived in Myeongdong station, we decided that we can no longer meet Kuya Abs in Angel's coffee shop because of our, or maybe, my unfortunate circumstances. So I just texted him to meet us in the train platform while Joanne-unni went out for awhile to change our money for tomorrow's tour. I have attempted to ask where the lift could be with the girl sitting beside me. And this was how the conversation goes:

Me: 실례지만, 엘리베이터가 있어요? (excuse me, is there an evelator here?)
Girl: 에스 컬레이터 괜찮아요? (is escalator ok with you?)
Me: 아니예요. (no.)
Girl: 미안해요. 엘리베이터가 몰라요. (sorry. I don't know)
Me: 감사합니다. (thanks)

I tried but they don't know.. It seems like only a few uses the lift. And then there came Kuya Abs! saved me! He helped me with my things and I tried to help Joanne-unni but she insisted that she's alright and need not my help. So I walked with just myself with them. Upon arriving in Ssangmun station, we alighted the train and found the lift.  할머니께서 (Grandmother) in the lift is talking to me, again in Korean. And I was like, "미안함니다만, 한국말로 몰라요" (Sorry, I don't speak Korean) then I thought I spoke Korean and corrected it with "아니요, 한국말로 조금 알아요" (No, I know a little.) Then she offered to help us. At first we misunderstood then when she waited for us in the next lift there we understood. She is so sweet. She asked us if we are to meet a friend (in Korean of course and we replied in Korean too), and we said yes, and he is with us. I think she was confused because the person we met was not a local from there. Yay! what a long day. We had dinner in Choice 21! awesome meat all you can! Love ittt?!!!! after my gigantic bowl of vegetables, I mean bibimbap, I really want some meatttttt!!! 


In the end, it was another tiring yet fun day! Need to be up early again for DMZ tomorrow! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment