Sunday, January 6, 2013

Old Love is still LOVE

* Winkaye, Stella, Do-anne, Kim, 'Me', Heidi, Kristine *

I was sleeping the day off and just woke up when I saw Heidi-unni's messages and missed calls. Last minute notice on a night's date at Eastwood it is. Ate Ueno, a friend for years, was on her way back to Japan at least for a lengthy time. So it is only now that we have the chance to meet her before leaving off again. There was supposed to be a date last Thursday, but then I am caught up with work that I can't commit my time to meeting them. It was a second chance sprung to have the last minute date!

Er. only an hour left before the meeting time! I need to do fast shower! No indulging bath today. T.T Good thing I move fast, except for the time-slowing of warming my bath water. I grab anything I can wear. Dress, powder, heels is all I need and Voila! I'm ready to go! And most people of my acquaintance wouldn't even believe for a second that I can do that! (Is it that hard to believe I am not vain?? and Vanity is not my middle name? hahaha) Anyway, I took a cab to Eastwood. It's a weekend I thought so. And thought I'll be the latest one to arrive because of the non-cooperating traffic! Alas! I was the third one. I came to meet Heidi-unni and Stella sitting in the corner of Gaffitti having their way on a bucket of sorts of beers and bottled alcohol mixes. We started the night with ourselves and let the others know where to meet us including Ate Ueno. ^__^ and by the way, we thought it was an all girls night out we forgot she has a boyfriend always leashed by her side. (no offense to him but we three, Heidi-unni, Stella and I, thought at least a night with just the girls would be nice).

with Ate Winks, Kim, Ate Ueno and Ate Heidi
It was a fun night too. Non-stop reminiscing (though I don't know some of the names being mentioned since I had departed our common school when we were in sixth grade), Non-stop laughing and sharing. I was friends with them when we were in our elementary years in Stella Maris College. We were tight friends by then, drifted a bit after we parted in the sixth grade. It is when I transferred school, the graduating year it is. Quite a leap for me to suddenly adjust to a COED school. Anyway, we found our way back and get even closer in Highschool, with Ate Winkaye and Ate Ueno, through endless phone calls at day to the next day! Imagine us three not getting off the phone for hours and still we had something to talk about the next day! It was incredulous at it's best but it did happen. We drifted a bit when we went off to college yet we still find time to catch up or meet once in eons. Same goes until now.

On the other hand, I get to be closer with Ate Heidi when we found each other again back in College. It was really amazing seeing her in a distant that time, it was years ago since I last saw her then and I am not sure if she even remembers me. Remembering the first time I saw her again in line in UST while we wait for our turn in registration I don't know if I should say hello, yet I decided better not to. Months after it was a huge shock to see her on the first day of school in the same classroom as I was. We were block mates! Awesome fate! And when we first talked we then realized we did saw each other in that line and the truth is, we unknowingly both decided not to say hello fearing the small talks and awkward silence after the initial 'Hello'. and just like that we started anew. =D and until now we still have our time together, travel together and dreams.


It was a long history of friendship! And I am glad we still remember each other every now and then. And yes it is! OLD LOVE IS STILL LOVE!

 We ended the night after grabbing something warm at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Sobered, we left and end the night with more laughs and another memories to be kept together. Cheers! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment