Monday, January 14, 2013

Normal for a day or two


This Monday and Tuesday, after years of being on the all nighters, I am on the morning shift today to participate in a training for two days. It's not that I don't like a normal day, starting at sun up to sun down. It's just that working in the center of a business district, you have to battle the stresses of traffic early in the morning, the crowded places with people hurrying to find a ride, and the efforts to avoid the rush hours before and after work, plus the heat of the day's warm weather. ugh! I just don't like being confined in a crowded place, an overly crowded place I might say. I can endure a little of the crowd, but the rush-hour crowd? Huge NO!

So Hello Monday and it went on as normal as I'd hoped for. I arrived too early in the office. In fact, I was the first one to punch in on a Monday morning aside from the guards in the building. I don't like being late and I don't like starting a day on the wrong foot.

I spend the day in front of my computer before and after the training. Taking short breaks from it to join the other girls in my team for a little chat and to have lunch. And being me, I finish my work as early as possible and took off the work place on the dot! woot! woot! hehe.

So here is what happened with my 'not used to morning shift'. I am to meet Aya so we can go home together. I'll took the train and meet her in Gateway mall. I went my way to the loading area on the other side of the street. Quite a lot of people were already there trying to snatch a ride to wherever they'll go. And then I ignorantly walk straight to one of the public utility jeep not knowing about the line behind me were people waiting for their turn. Oh my.. I didn't mean it but then nobody stopped me. I only realized there was a line when suddenly the people in it rushed towards where I rode. I felt guilty on sneaking my way accidentally yet I don't want to get off cause it'll take me all eternity to wait in the line with all the people I saw. I am really sorry!

I waited for Aya in Gateway with my sore feet and tired eyes. I felt beaten to the whole day's affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment