Tuesday, January 1, 2013

first day of 2013

I don't do diet so why bother checking out what I eat! I eat and indulge. I enjoy and love!

First day of the year, and food is overflowing! Really, all day eating nonstop?
I was ecstatic to see our relatives. Recently it has been reduced to less than a few times a year after Lola died (Dad's mom). We missed this cousin of ours alot! And finally, we'll be able to date! Same drill as last year's at Eastwood.

We had lunch and doze off a bit before going off on our secretly planned date. Our excuse was to bring food over to Ate's office. We took the cab going there and waited ages! kidding aside, Ate is always like that. *sigh* Anyway, we went our way to the mall first and just meet her there instead of waiting in the building's lobby where we can do nothing but stare at the elevator to see if she's on it by then.

We stroll and dropped by a toy shop. It really made me feel like a kid walking around the rows and rows of toys! It was really tempting to buy much everything you set your eyes on it. Thank goodness I am not in love with card games, board games and animal stuffed toys. I just fancy them. But the Ate Didith can't help herself and bought a few stuff. and being just me, I am the devil in her shoulder whispering 'go ahead and buy!' And then met Ate in the entrance of the mall. (The photo was taken without them noticing it! Candid! I just love doing that. It's just... so real what you caught unguarded!) We then headed next to Caffe Bene to grab some coffee and pastries! We are expecting so much with this coffee shop and we hope not to be disappointed. It's the first branch of this Korean coffee shop here in Manila. I long to try Holly's coffee but it's too out of my way. Maybe next time then.


We walked our way to Caffe Bene and I instantly loved the place! It's spacious and not cramped at all. People fit in as they stay and just go for a cup. It is the place I would have loved to do people watching, some place you can read a book and be on your own for a while. Maybe it's just new in the place and not yet that popular that people isn't seeing it like Starbuck's.

The staffs were really accommodating and friendly. We placed our orders and waited a bit. While waiting we had our way with the camera!



Coffee was nice as always. Caffeine always gives me the kick! I can't even differentiate the difference. I only knew, Good coffee and Bad coffee. One, I love to drink. Two, I might want to drink. And Three, I won't dare to try again! But one of my dreams is to learn more about coffee.

Anyway, food servings were gigantic! And lovely presentation, you'll be enticed to dig in and not just stare at it! It is better to share than to be selfish! It'll be truly a gluttony if you'll not share.





And it's as if we are walking backwards, we decided to have a meal together! Undecided, we stroll and thought of where to eat again. Then Ate suggested Uncle Cheffy's. Salad, Pizza and Ribs! Crap! I thought we can't hold anymore food in our tummy yet we still ate our way to happiness! The salad I like given that all I can see is lettuce and it's all I can eat in a vegetable salad! XD Pizza... well I expected more I guess and while the ribs was prettily made I looking for something more.

The house is full just in time for dinner and we had to look for a better spot. What's really nice was eating together and catching up and talking endlessly, it's only a bonus that the food is fabulous! :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment