Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chinoises?? Hello islands!

One of the hottest beach recognized by the world! And today I am to indulge once more in the very same beauty that every tourist had experienced.

After more or less 20 minutes suspended in the clouded skies, finally we were able to land. Landing in Caticlan airport, some things are meant to be unbelievably astonishing! How looks can be deceiving and once again how easily do I blend in! There's this registration area in the airport that enlists people who enters the land. And the clueless me, thinking about our transfer to the hotel and whom to look out for, didn't know that it was necessary to sign. The mid-aged lady across the counter among the other people with her, I think, were wondering why aren't we moving forward to them to sign. I caught her eyes once, and then there it goes.. Hearing her say "Ni hao!" in my direction obviously addressing the greetings to us three. Then saying to her colleagues that she thinks we don't understand and so she handed up a placard saying "Registration here" and again said "Ni hao". And I was like asking the same questions Ate is asking me, "What is it?" Then finally, Ate grew a bone to come forward the counter and ask!! That was when we learned we needed to sign on it for record sake I guess. Then off we go outside.

It was raining! So bad as we expected sunshine. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was not quite a journey compared that of from Kalibo airport, where it feels like forever. The Mister of the hotel who fetch and assisted us were nice and was also deceived speaking to us in English and asking if we are Chinese. Lol

We arrived in Microtel with the sun finally creeping out from the clouds! Yay! Can't wait to see the sun, the sea and the shore! Before peeking at the beach we settled the payable first.. we weren't able to avail my discount. Er... anyway, it's still worth the penny. Welcome drinks, welcome necklace and the cold towels to refresh! It is quite nice, really! I like how they accommodate their guests. ^_^ pretty awesome staffs too, they weren't anything but nice and polite.

We checked in at around 9am. The room was comfy and spacious enough. It is neat and kept prettily. The bed was soooo fluffy? Hahaha.. I like my bed a bit firm, but then their bed is comfy enough even if it's way too far from being firm! Quite a lot of spring underneath I guess. =D

Being tired from the flight and having no more than a blink of sleep, we agreed to eat lunch in the hotel's cafe and out for dinner later on.


What can I say? Superb food. The quality equates with it's price. We shared a platter of bread with different spreads (forgot the name! sorry), fish and chips and pasta. All great!

 After filling our tummies, we went straight up to our room to snatch some z's and to freshen up too. We opted to go out at around 5 pm to say, walk by the shore and check out some restaurants in between. Also, so that Ate and Aya can see the long shore of white sands and appreciate it's beauty. Oh well... as for Ate and Aya, prepping up takes quite more than a bit of time. *sigh* And then I felt the pressure of looking good too for the night just because they are busy beautifying themselves for dinner! 



Walking by the shore... I just love it for no reason. Definitely not a swimmer and not into any water sports at present (not that i don't intend to be involve into one, I am very much interested to learn some scuba diving! one added to my dream list). I just like the feel of the sands in between my toes, the smell of saltiness in the air, the sounds of the rolling waves, the breeze as it blows your face makes you think you can taste the tanginess of the sea.. puts me into zen. *except for the loud chattering around. Lol* there weren't a swarm of people around but it's just enough for me to say the beach is quite a busy place. We also passed by a beach wedding which is kinda cute. And then I thought, if I were to have a beach wedding I would've wanted something more private and intimate. Ohh... crazy thoughts!



Then finally after walking around, we headed to look for the infamous Calamansi muffins of Real Coffee. Hehe.. We ordered a bunch for Wednesday in time for our flight back to Manila. Then dinner! We agreed to have wine and pizza, and searched for Don Vito Ristorante.



We had calamares, pizza, pasta, sausages and wine! Just enough for a fine night. Chattering and camwhoring is what we did while waiting for the food to be served. Inside the restaurant, it was the same ambiance i like in every Italian restau i ran in. Cozy with warm lightings and somewhat romantic in a sense if you are on a romantic date. Lol. I like the feel of it with a touch of a little sophistication. Love the bottles of wine displayed for every eyes to see. The staff, although friendly and attentive, I think lacks knowledge on wines. We asked what they can suggest and it took some time and some asking someone else there. Food is delish as it should be! All in all it's reviews online really lived up to it. We had a happy tummy and buzzed brain cells at the end of our meal!



Before leaving we bought Aya a cake for her birthday. Few more hours left before her day begins!! And now back in the comforts of our room. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment