Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ate's birthday dinner


Birthdays in the family is always celebrated no matter how simple the gesture may be, we try to make a difference. But then Ate's birthday came about a busy month and reservations on her planned dinner were impossible by then, so she decided to move it up to October before our trip to Boracay in time for Aya's birthday.

Her dinner was a cruise by the bay. Ate bought this vouchers for a dinner buffet cruise with the Prestige Cruise Ship. I am indeed curious about it knowing what Manila Bay looks like and feels like in daylight. It makes me wonder how would it be, will it be ugly or splendid??

We arrived at around 6pm, quite early for our reservation that we still need to wait an hour or two. hmm.. There was quite a number of people already waiting when we arrived in the registration/waiting area. Night lights can be seen from where we sat, the breeze was not so cold yet not so warm. It is indeed a fine night to start with. No threatening storm and not that humid so to say. I like how it was. And we are anticipating how would be the experience be like. We took a few happy snaps while waiting. Everybody was chattering around and we have nothing else to do. I don't know. It feels like there's nothing else I can talk about at the moment. Such time I am also preoccupied with the thought that I have yet to pack my things for tomorrow's early flight. What's new, eh? cramming once more.

Well, my concern with this dinner was the boarding area. We had a bit of a hard time finding it. For me it was difficult because I lost my sense of direction since time immemorial! So how was it with the parents? We can always ask around. =D



Boarding in the Prestige Cruise. What to expect? At some point I thought it would be smelly and unpleasant. hehe.. *sorry about that* But it wasn't. It was dark outside that it hides almost everything in sight except for the city lights. You could feel the waves against the cruise ship that gives you the unsteadiness when standing and walking. I love such things. As much as I dislike wild rides at theme parks I love the thrill of being at sea or flying up high!. hehe..

Dinner was nice. hmm.. since I am picky with food, I'd rather not comment on it. It wasn't so bad at all and the servers in the buffet table were very accommodating and nice, they even ask if we need assistance going back to our table. In totality, I enjoyed it but not quite in Mommy's and Aya's situation. Not sure with Daddy though. He and Ate seemed fine the whole detour. And I, I love standing by the rail while the night breeze touched my face. It ruined my hair but I don't mind at all. I liked the view and the cool night air. It was relatively fun!

 Reminder: Do take precautions when booking dinners like this, especially if the cruise is a bit on the speedy side that you may have seasickness problems. I think that made Mom and Aya more dizzy.


Family cam-whoring! hahahaha.. then Mom's so dizzy we decided to stop by Starbucks for a while.. and more happy snaps!!! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment