Saturday, June 8, 2013

Post outreach event (day after)



Starting the day right with breakfast!


We then start exploring Baguio as early as we can. We did try you know. Stepping outside.. Mr. Sunshine is already in tow looking like we're going to have fun even before we started the tour-thing.


Our first stop was in Tam-Awan Village. This looked more different from when I visited it over the past year or so. Changes might be brought by the not so nice weather before. =( But the flowers and greens were still intact and looking pretty as ever before. Entrance fee now was around 50 pesos without the guide. I do believe children's entrance fee is cheaper not sure how much though, I wasn't able to check it out.



 Fertility statue touched by Marisue. Yes, she would like to have another baby after her son. We're praying with her now.

Mirrored path and lots of mirrors by the trees. I'm sorry it slipped my mind to ask what it was for.


Mossy is posing for one with all the reds. He loves red A LOT!


And few of the lovely flowers.





I caught our guide is posing.... on the way to the other side! or I did not caught him? In fact, he posed for my camera and I did not fool anybody. toink!


Walking around some more and checking out the huts where the natives used to live. Actually, it can be rented by tourists. It has an available rates if you'd like to experience it yourself. It looks safe to me, it's just that I am not cut out for that sort. And the city girl reigns! ugh!



And our last stop in Tam-awan Village was a short dance show by the Igorot people and a mini photo ops with our guide who was also one of those who performed the traditional Igorot dance few minutes before.

blurry snapshot of the dance

 Gwiyomi pose! lol
We spent most of the morning in Tam-awan and now we're heading to Mines View Park for... hmm.. some view and some food too. Food again! lol

spotted! grilled corn for snack 

Mine View Park.. we covered the view. 



After agreeing to skip lunch, I'm not sure why we're on our way to Star Café for more food after a little bit of shopping in Baguio's famous Good Shepherd. Star Café is a Chinese restaurant located in one of the busiest roads of Baguio, Session road. After eating, I can't really blame the loyal customers of the restaurant.



Lumpiang Shanghai, pancit and rice.. solve!

Full from another meal, we walked our way to the public market nearby to shop for a cheaper version of strawberry preserves, peanut brittle and the likes.



Mer also bought some vegetables and look at what I found introduced by Mer.


Fresh pinipig for snack. This was being sold by an elderly woman along with varieties of sticky rice concoctions. She even added some more to my purchase for free because she said I am pretty. Really, I love grannies! =D

After everybody's settled, we're on our way to eat again, merienda this time. Hot chocolate for a cloudy day, just perfect.


If you are not looking properly, you might really miss it! The place was lovely surrounded by all the greens and sorts of flowers. Choco-laté de Batirol is a must visit place in Baguio I must say. Hot chocolate is always a must on a cozy and cold weather. And with a serene place like this one, you can truly relax while feeding yourself with some traditional sweet treats.


bibingka, suman, turon 
 Mossy is so cute here posing with the food. It was a candid shot. I intended to take pictures of the food but instead I caught Mossy making this snobby face. =P

Raziel, I, Jing and our official Photographer, Beedee Oh
We did some cam-whoring around the café since we'll be going back to Hale Opua for them to pack their things and head back to Manila. I am staying until Sunday, ALONE which worries the parents a loooot. *stubborn me*

i love this scene ♥


 Caught in action! 
Onin doing the pose

Onin and Raziel

And then some of our decent photos together. Thanks Bee dee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment