Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Diversity week

This week was diversity week at work.. Couple of activities and talks here and there and since I vowed I'll try to be active this year I tried to participate as much as I can. With the urge of dear Mossy I attended Hands On Manila orientation in McKinley office with them today. Yesterday, I attended sensitivity workshop on volunteering for special cases. I really wanted to jump start my volunteer activities but it's really a struggle in schedule especially with my work shift. Anyhow, today's talk was enlightening and I did really sign up with Hands On Manila I just don't know where to start and how to start.

"I don't know what your destinies will be, but the one thing I know; the only ones among you who will really be happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." - Albert Schweitzer

"Ignite your passion. Do not wait for someone to light the passion in you.
When there is passion, drive is always there."

"When there is passion, drive is always there." - at the moment I think I'm having a quarter life crisis if there's one like that. It's like I want to do a lot of things but I can only do so much. 24 hrs is too short for a day with what I wanted, this made me think where did I left my passion and what my passion really is. I come in to work to earn then spend to pleasure myself then work again and the cycle goes on. I'm confused! At the end of the talk I really wanted to try being a volunteer I just hope I'll be able to kick my bum to start right away.

After the talk, I stayed a while with Mossy and some new acquaintances, Tess and Kich. We head out and had dinner together in Tokyo Café. Fun and amusing company of people. I like them already!




No comments:

Post a Comment