Monday, December 10, 2012

in baking mood

After the date... after the mall... hmm..what to do at home?

I had this urge for some sweet treat! and I thought I'd like to make one from scratch, so I rummaged through our cupboards for some ingredients and all I've found were eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract which I certainly think would make the simplest form of pudding!

I search through the web some recipe and voila! I got one fittingly. =D Here's the link  to making Caramel Pudding .

I prepared the ingredients needed. Er, since this is the first time I'll be doing this, please don't expect perfection. I barely made it. I had a hard time doing the caramel and Oh if only mom knew how much sugar I've thrown away, she'll be steaming mad at me! It was like trial and error for me. One comes stiff, next became a candy like in texture, next became too thin in texture.. then burnt.. and then finally! I made it! ^_^ Really, if I did not insist in doing it I might have just forget everything and just went to sleep since it's already late at night and I was also pretty much tired with today's events.

Anyway, I scratched the caramel out and transfer it to the pan as instructed (I used a little cup pans because I have yet to buy ramekins.) Well, scratched seems too rough of a term, what I mean is I poured the syrup in the little cups. lol

Next I made the vanilla pudding confidently! woah! Confindently? where did that come from?? and from time to time, I was like, "Aya am I doing it right?", "Is this enough? Did I get the right consistency?", "enough of the beating na?" and Aya's response is always, "ano bang nasa picture?" (What's on the photo?) *we're at lost* Well, it's an experiment and we do bond over this kind of things.

And then finally, when I felt satisfied with how the mixture looked I stopped the beating, started baking it. and this is how it looks after.

caramel pudding


and I forgot to pour the left caramel from the cup before taking a snap at it. Er. but nonetheless, it looks pretty decent, doesn't it?

Then right after, something for breakfast because it's almost dawn! and this I made perfectly!

Baked bacon and eggs in bread



No comments:

Post a Comment