Monday, March 17, 2014

Holi Hey!! '2014

I always enjoy cultural events and parties, and although this particular festival is alcohol-free it doesn't mean I won't love it! I'm into anything fun, messy or not but it should be with good company. Yes, just that is my minimum requirement. For as long as you are fun, you can drag me anywhere provided that I am able to. =P

On March 16, Holi Festival is in Manila being celebrated by a mix of people, people of different races and cultural orientation. Honestly, I am not aware of this not until a friend invited me in. When she mentioned it to me with a clipped video teaser, well, I'm in her sack to drag right then and there no questions asked. It was just later on that I thought of googling it to level my expectations. HAHAHA *impulsive like thaat*

I've learned that Holi Festival t is a Hindu religious festival and is being observed in regions of the world with significant populations of Hindus. It is also known as the festival of colors or festival of love. Guess, we're lucky to have it here in Manila too and I believe it begun being celebrated here not so long ago as well. For more information check out the link.

We came late but as it looked, still early for the fun since people have yet to pour inside the venue.


Looking around, Jing and I bee-lined to where the food are! lol And this is where I was able to appreciate some Indian cuisine. Admittedly, I am not keen to so many flavors and spices. My tongue have quite a plain and bland preference, but today, I wouldn't say I did not enjoy my choices of food and snack being sold along side the event. We tried a couple of samosa, chaat, chicken tandoori and of course, my beloved roti!


It was pretty nice. I myself had fun although it is messy, I loved the throwing of colors! Lol That was really my favorite part.






**Note to self: Sometimes going down and dirty makes all the fun worth it! Let go, let loose and be happy!**

Cheers,
♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment