Sunday, September 1, 2013

home with family

I came home a bit later than promised and Aya was so mad at me, like she kept on her snobby face and snooty demeanor just because I came home later than expected. Still I kept my promise. Ugh! Sometimes I do feel she is demanding too much. She's becoming more of a mother to me than our own mother sometimes. just kidding! {She'll kill me if ever she read this.}

After a loooong day, I was still able to whip up a pot of hot chocolate for a wholesome night. Yes, no alcohol this time. We're doing a homey Saturday night complete with comfort food for snacks while we talk our way through the night. I'm not sure how can I keep my eyes open for long though. I think I'll have to save the sleeping part for much later on...

What I love about doing my own hot chocolate is that I can do it as dark as I can and as sweet as I prefer. Mom's recipe is so simple even a first timer can whip it up themselves. All you need is water, peanut butter or peanuts, tablea or cocoa powder (unsweetened), evaporated milk, and sugar. We always do this every Christmas and New Year's eve or whenever we liked to especially on a rainy day. Warmth is really comforting on a lazy, cold day.


What we had on tonight were hotdogs, siomai, fishballs, squidballs, chicken balls, dynamite, cheese sticks, crab sticks and the buttered prawns. Another feast! How am I suppose to eat more? I can't think of it more.
But I need to eat some because Aya will surely start her unpredictable mood swings again and I wouldn't want to ruin everyone's night after I've resurrected her happy mood a while back while I cook and keep on cheering her up. =P


More cakes for me!! Thank you Ate Hercy and Ate Lexcy. Really appreciate the gesture. And I love the cakes too. xxoo I can't eat anymore though, maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll have a look at it and eat some but for now... 'X'

We wrapped up the day at around past 2 am. I had fun, we had fun and I am now ready to crawl my way to bed. Today was indeed a "busy" day! Very true to the word. Busy yet indulging. I'll be sleeping with a happy face.

Bonne nuit! ♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment