Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ate's Birthday

Still a whirlwind month, losing two people in the family, attending a wedding in between, Lolo's death anniversary and now Big sistah's birthday. Lifting our spirits a bit, we spent a night celebrating with food. What's a birthday without good food, eh?

Mom's dying to check out Maginhawa St. for a time now and so after arguing where to dine for a couple of minutes now we agreed on a unanimous decision. We looked over the whole street and can't seem to choose which restaurant to eat and that's when I suggested Don Day, not exactly in Maginhawa St. but just around the corner from it. It is where I with my KCC girls frequented our dates from my previews posts. It is affordable, not really fancy and worth it. There were a few changes from when I last visited. They have expanded the place and offered an air-conditioned area. Also, they're unlimited meat options also offers variety now. They have unlimited pork only, unlimited beef only and unlimited pork and beef as well. They're buffet consisted of spread of Korean food still and two soup choices.

We were lead to our table on the other side of the room. We settled and then started checking out the buffet. As all of the times I've been there, the food is satisfactory. You don't get fancy Korean dishes but you get familiar dishes you might have seen in some Korean dramas. I still find Happy 6 days Korean Restaurant more authentic than Don Day. But if you're finding affordable unlimited samgyupsal with a nice spread of Korean buffet come and visit Don day, you won't be disappointed. *wink wink*



After supper, we are now in the hunt for desserts. Initially we opted to cross the street to Pino to check out their dessert offerings. Unfortunately, the spot was already closing that night so we ended up looking out some other place. And it's the wonders of google and GPS once more. I searched this cupcake place named Frosted along Maginhawa St. and prayed that it's still up for grabs at that time. And because I am so great with directions and maps *pun intended* we were sort of lost our way to Frosted. hah! certainly not my fault if they trusted me to read the directions to it! *defensive* XP

We found the place after a little back and forth and turns. It was unnoticeable really and I wouldn't be blamed for having lost our way since they too did not notice it as well. It's a small part of a house and having said so it must have been a converted shop, mostly likely.


They have selections of teas and coffees and varieties of cupcakes, which I must say looks so yummy. They also offer cakes for pets! Props at that! They make custom made cakes for pets is so awesome to think and cute tooo. We saw the brochure and was tempted to buy one for our dear Prince and Princess.



Coffee is nice. *bias judgement of a coffee-lover* because I'll drink any coffee that's strong and smelling nice. The cupcake... hmm.. nothing special I think. It tastes nice but it's too sweet for my buds I guess. oh! I remember I have a bland tongue, don't blame me for an inaccurate taste description please. We enjoyed the place though. Like any recently popping cupcake place, it is cute as well. It's simple to look at yet so girly, which is a good thing I think. It appeals to most of the girls.


Snapshots of the birthday gal




And this wrapped our night.. bonne nuit!

with love,
♥A

No comments:

Post a Comment