Friday, August 23, 2013

not so great news

Days ago I received a text message from my beloved friend, Ate Heidi, that her father had passed away. It was really unfortunate and sad but at the same time I think it is for the better of everybody. At some point having lost my dearest Lolo (mom's father) and Lola (dad's mum) with years of fight over cancer, you learn how to accept and let go.

Her dad was comatose for more or less a month now and the doctors had laid out their options and the reality in front of them. Certainly I'm hoping with them that Tito will get better and be there longer still but part of me also prays and wish everything to be better if Tito had decided to let go. I tried to be supportive to Ate Heidz as much as I can and I wish she can feel it as well. Truly it was a sad news and I hope their family stays strong in the middle of all this. I know Ate Heidz know that we'll be here for her always and will be sticking out with her whenever she needs people to lean on. And right now that's all I can offer, a supporting hand if need be and someone to be around her for a comforting hug.

We were days late to visit her father's wake because of the weather but I'm glad to see Ate Heidz coping up. And I'm happy mommy and daddy went out of their way to join me there.

Be strong girlfriend! You can get through this... much love! xxoo

my sisters from another set of parents

No comments:

Post a Comment