Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Hungry

back to food tripping... *oink oink* lol

I am not really familiar around Makati City and today I am to explore a bit. I will be meeting my KCC friends for lunch at Shin Dang Dong Korean restaurant. And since I am getting off from work early in the morning I have few more hours to myself.

I left the office at around 7 am because I can't take it anymore! Fridays always feel like that, too lazy for work or too tired of it for the week. I called on a cab, which I don't normally do, but since I am at risk of losing my way again and I am tired from working to walk back and forth and back and forth a couple of times so I gave in to it. And I failed! I still did the walking before I found A. Venue Mall.

While waiting I  decided to grab a cup and wait myself inside Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf because I'm too early for lunch and while waiting I logged in for a little bit of work. I can't believe I did that! I was just ranting about it a few sec ago and now I'm working on remote access. Humor me!

I'm nursing a cup of cappuccino and bran muffin while working and waiting until Christine-unni saw me, then Jo-unni came in as well and then all of them. We then walked to Shin Dang Dong along the other side of the mall, or maybe not the accurate side I might be referring to, still it is on the side of the mall.

We ordered two kinds of Ddeokbokki.. yum! one has cheese in it and the other was somewhat like a concoction of jajangmyeon + Ddeokbokki = Jajang Ddeokbokki. *incredible huh?*

Jajang Ddeokbokki | Ddeokbokki + cheese
We ate heartily and felt so full. It is close enough to what I had back in Korea and I still dislike vegetables. We stayed for a bit, then I pushed them to order a bottle of soju to toast for today. Yey! The food was great and the service was good and the staff are kind. And since at that time the place was not busy we had all their attention. As for the price, 500 pesos for this huge pot was worth it! You can share it with a group and still it's worth it. Well, there's nothing wrong with being selfish and eating it by yourself, just saying.


 The interior is so cute! I want the wall of pictures, somehow we thought of how to get our pictures included in the wall. And it remained like that, just a thought. =P


We stick around until my sister came and settled for a bit. She and family is going around malls for Ate's last minute packing for her work-related trip to Sydney. And Aya is not happy about the shopping thingy knowing Ate.. I'll feel the same I was just lucky to be meeting up with KCC friends today.

We head our own way at around 4 in the afternoon and while waiting to be fetch by mom and dad with Ate we tried to look for another place to camp out. And that's where we found Focaccia Italian Restaurant! I love Italian and Aya love pizza and we saw the salted caramel ice cream display, so in we go. Again, we're just one of the two other couples who're dining in at the time. Seems like it's a slow day today.


They served Focaccia with dip for starters. It's on the house but then seeing how pricey the food were... you know what to think. =D

Yes it's expensive for me. It's not that the food was not superb but then my sister and I were not really impressed by it. When our Panizza came we also had our ice cream served as well.


Tartufo al Funghi
We took a bite then just ate our ice cream. I can't help but compare so biased of me. Anyway, the ice cream for me is a bit on the sweeter side. It's too sweet for my sweet tooth I guess or maybe because I came from a cleansing diet that my taste-buds were overacting on me.


Once done with the ice cream, we had our panizza wrapped up..


Now I think I'm obsessing over walls and wall arts! I like Focaccia's stained glassed wall with sort of short messages / notes in it. It looks pretty cool. Ambiance wise, it feels more like  a casual dining.



And we still have to wait. The parents texted and said they're starved from searching for Ate's trip necessities. She needs quite a lot of things for the trip because it is currently winter in Australia at this time. That's when Aya thought of another restaurant she saw on TV the other day that she really wanted to try. She remembered reading somewhere that the restaurant has a chain in Makati and luckily it was just across from the mall.

It is the Tex-Mex restaurant Chihuahua Mexican Grill. Perfect! Not an hour from eating and we're eating again for the nth time. I think I need a few minutes to digest all the food I'm taking in, not that I am complaining. =D


The wall design described it all. What they offer and what they have.


I like the fact that you get to choose what you like to put in your burrito. They have the step by step guide by the counter to get you through it. At first we were confused on how to order and even mom didn't want to ask and would just concede with what they have readily. lol Thank goodness to the lovely cashier, she helped us through it and explained how to do it. We ordered a couple of burritos and bowl of nachos and chips.

They have this corner that Aya loved! See why...


It housed different sauces and condiments. She likes sauces and condiments such as these especially the spicy ones.

After a while our food was served.

chips and dips

bowl of nachos

burrito
It was more than what we expected, truly a generous serving. I can't finish mine even if Aya and I just shared. I am too full to eat more and burritos are not my favorite, beans and all turns my tummy a bit upset. Nonetheless, I would love to come here again and try the other food in their menu. It's a self-service restaurant so you do get your own stuff but they do set the tables for you. I'd like to believe you get back the what your money deserved. Awesome interiors too. Hip!



We're now heading home! Finally, I'll get my deserved sleep. But then we passed through the parking lot and there were a couple of thrift shops. And since Ate likes to look, we then took a look and I got this. er... just a cute purchase for 50 pesos. I hope I'll be able to use it.

Mashimaro
Anyway, finally.. signing off... with lalalalalooovee! ♥A

bonne nuit!



No comments:

Post a Comment