Saturday, November 3, 2012

Light up

It was a typical Friday for me. Nothing much to dwell on. Work and the expected over time today. And then  we remembered it is Anton's birthday and I have yet to finish the birthday 'card'. I had the idea to rush over at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to snatch a slice for Anton and to grab some caffeine for my sleepy head! lol.

And so I did.. by myself. I asked my shift mates to wait for me before greeting Anton.

As I remembered days ago.. we were talking about when the streetlights and decorations for Christmas will light up the middle of the avenue. I was betting it'll be soon this November. I walked over the same path a hundred times before, crossed it more than I could remember and it's still almost the same except for the silhouette of the decorations looming in the shadowy isle in the middle of the highways waiting to be lighten up.

Clutching a box with a slice of Tiramisu inside, I walked a bit in a hurry for I know some people back at the office is waiting for me. I am alone in the deserted walkway feeling the cooler breeze of this season, I would have liked to take time on my walk but I can't afford to *pressure* I even forgot to buy my coffee?! Who does that? Er..I think my brain cells were dozing on me! Lol Anyway, as I walked by a few meters away from our building, I was blown away. Everything had just lighten up! It felt really nice. Alone there to see it by myself.. It felt like magic! It lighted up just in time for me to look at it!


And just then and there, I've understood those cheesy scenes I see in movies or drama series. Seeing it on screen seemed nothing but a show yet when I saw these lights came to life with my own eyes? Really! A surprise like that with the right music? Just perfect! Add it up with a charming prince! Okay. I am lost in my own fairy tale. But it's just so nice when I saw it! I would have swoon over it only it's a decoration for Christmas for goodness sake! I must be crazy! Hahaha This will be on my wishlist for sure. In the coming years, I really wish someone could light me up just like those hundreds of pretty lights!!


No comments:

Post a Comment